Tuesday 10 May 2016

Producing a Slideshow in Lightroom

As the final output for my Major Documentary Project will be a digital slideshow, I have been required to learn some new features of the Adobe Lightroom that allows you to produce a simple slideshow with ease. There are several modules that can be accessed to alter all aspects of the final outcome of the slideshow. I typically just use Adobe Bridge & Photoshop to get through my usual workflow so this was another program that I had to research a tutorial on the internet to ensure I was doing the correct thing.

Firstly I needed to import my final edit of 23 Images into a Lightroom Collection, from there they can be used by the Slideshow section and a play order can be arranged.
On the right of the screen are the various options that can be altered to produce a very bespoke final slideshow to my needs, I wanted my images to appear as large as possible on the screen so I made sure to choose small boarder weightings of 5 pixels.
The next section that I added were title screens at the Intro & end of the slideshow, which allowed me to edit styled text for the 'Aussie Imports.' intro, but also add a graphic, which I used to add my logo at the end.

The final modules were import because I needed to add my recorded audio to the slideshow, which would end up being 1m 47s long, this included 4 seconds at the beginning to cover the title screen, and also 4 seconds at the end to cover my logo screen. On the Playback option the 'fit to music' button alters the slide length so that it optimizes how long each photo will be shown during when the actual Aussies are speaking. 
Finally you must export the completed slideshow as an MP4 file so that it can be watched & used as a video, I selected the highest quality possible of 1080p.

No comments:

Post a Comment