Friday 6 May 2016

New Software - Adobe Audition

Since I will be required to place audio over my slideshow, I will be in need of software that is capable of editing clips of audio together, It doesn't need to be the most high-tech of programmes, just to allow me to cut two audio files together to form a tangible transcript for the images. Within Adobe's Creative Cloud package is Adobe Audition, a professional programme that allows musicians and artists to edit, master & export their work efficiently. Whilst I was downloading this programme I briefly looked at some simple on-line tutorials that provided the basic skills required to operate the software.
Just like many other Creative Cloud programmes several utlities are the same, such as the import system that allowed me to import my WAV files recorded from the Stores' Zoom microphone.
Similar to Adobe Premier Pro, using the 'M' key places Markers along the audio files timeline, which can be used to select a certain part of the file that I would like to alter.

By using the Time Selection tool I am able to select the audio between the markers, that I used to cut audio from the file that I did not want or need in the final version of my slideshow.
In order to mix my two audio clips of Brendon & Josh together to form one fluid file, they need to be mixed together in a Multitrack Session, so that I can select certain parts of each clip for use in the final Slideshow.
In order to cut the two files together for the result I required, I used the Marker tools once again to map out where I would then need to use the Razor Select Cut Tool, to remove the undesired sections of audio such as the mention of Jayson's departure which I was asked to be omitted.
Finally the final Mix has to be exported as an MP3 file so that it can be read & used by Lightroom and other major software programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment